i need advice

July 15, 2009 in advice,clothes

First question. Did you enter the giveaway yet? It ends in three hours! Hurry!

I’m kind of down today. I’m not sure why. I am just not feeling like myself. I’m sensitive. I’m emotional. I’m feeling like I’m going to cry.

I think the emotions of the move are really getting to me. And the change that is coming with this (the hard part of the change process) is getting to me. I’m over-sensitive right now and I know it. Ugh.

Any advice that you can give me would really help right now.

I also have another question for you. I’m going to my college roommates wedding in August. I am very excited for her! And I’m also excited that I get to play dress-up for a day! 😉
So remember this dress I posted about a while ago?

Mine’s slightly different than this. It’s a light blue at the bottom and white at the top.
So the question—is this inappropriate to wear to the ceremony?

And I have this planned to wear to the reception:

Ok. Please leave your opinions!! 🙂

Debbie July 15, 2009 at 5:41 pm

Depends on the time of day and the overall tone of the wedding. Same thing for the reception. The first dress, in my opinion, would be great for a daytime, more informal wedding. Not so for a more formal, nigh wedding IMO. However, the black dress would fit the bill for both a night wedding and a formal reception. I have directed weddings in one of my other lives, so I have seen just about everything:)

Mich July 15, 2009 at 5:44 pm

maybe add a bit of colourful jewelery so it doesnt seem like a “white dress” and you should be good!

cute choices for both!

amandaliveswell July 15, 2009 at 5:45 pm

I actually think what you're feeling regarding your upcoming move is quite normal. Change is unsettling! I hate that feeling, but I've learned to appreciate it because it always means that I'm growing and furthering some aspect of my life.

I hope your move goes smoothly and you start feeling more yourself soon!

Re: the dresses… I don't think the first is inappropriate, but it really depends on the ceremony I guess. Is it outside? Is it formal? When I think summer weddings (even late summer) I think strapless dresses and strappy sandals – especially if it's outdoors. Even if it's not you can always fancy it up with fun accessories or even a shrug.

Both dresses are fabulous, in my opinion!

Raine July 15, 2009 at 7:16 pm

I agree with the others. The first is good for an outdoors daytime wedding and black for a night wedding. Black also good for the reception. They are beautiful, btw!

Pretty Unfamous July 15, 2009 at 7:41 pm

Wait, a dress for the ceremony and one for the reception? I've never known anyone to do that before… I think you should do one OR the other, but if you choose the first dress, make sure to give it lots of colorful jewelry so it doesn't “look” like you're wearing a white dress.

headbitingprincess July 15, 2009 at 8:28 pm

yes yes .. me too .. i love both dresses ..
need more input on the wedding
i agree wth Angela – why wear 2 ?
is there a long delay btwn the wedding and reception .
is the wedding out doors ?
agree also wth the others –

as an attendee to many a weddings due to HUGE family – both are great to wear .. and agree to dress it up wth some lovely accent jewelry .. lucky for us we are coming to the age of anything goes (back in the day you could not even think of wearing white OR black to a wedding) but seriously google it – its ok now !!

TheAnalyst July 15, 2009 at 10:55 pm

I know how you are feeling. My emotions change by the minute due to this move. Lately, I've just been trying to stick to the moment and not become to future focused, b/c I can't control it right now (and believe me, I'm a total control freak, so this is hard!).

The dresses are both nice, but I say stick to one! Why wear two? You could always add a little more makeup for the evening and a chunky piece of jewelry.

Pink Maple July 16, 2009 at 12:33 am

Both are really pretty! What is the reasoning for wearing two dresses, are the wedding and reception at two different times/days?

Tara Gibson July 16, 2009 at 3:28 pm

i love both dresses! I saw just wear the black with some turqoise jewelry!

Lil' Woman July 16, 2009 at 7:59 pm

I know how you feel when it comes to moving, I got really stressed when Big Man and I were talking about moving to PA but I try to think about the positive's that will come with it and I feel better.
As far as the dresses, I like the first one but it depends on what kinda wedding it is (casual, formal, etc.) but the second one would be a good choice no matter what! 🙂

Iva Messy July 17, 2009 at 4:29 am

ohhh such a hard pick…they are both so pretty 🙂

~**Dawn**~ July 21, 2009 at 2:52 pm

I'm going to go with the consensus: if it's a day wedding, that first dress is perfect, especially for the Summer! The wedding I was just in was a late morning ceremony & there were several girls in attendance wearning dresses in that same general style; they all looked very nice! If it's a super formal wedding, it might not be dressy enough but the other sure is!