Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.
The tasks must be specific (no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (represent some amount of effort on your part).
Not Yet Completed
Start date: Monday, July 13th, 2009
End date: April 19th, 2012
My 101 in 1001 list:
1. Visit Niagara Falls.
2. Go on a wine tour at a vineyard.
3. Go whitewater rafting.
4. Visit a foreign country.
5. Get a passport.
6. Visit the beach.
7. Go on a cruise.
8. Travel to Las Vegas (and take a lot of pictures).
9. Visit New Orleans again.
10. Go camping.
11. Rent a cabin in the woods for a weekend (at least).
12. Visit New York City.
13. Visit Denver.
14. Go to Ben & Jerry’s in Vermont.
15. Go to Cedar Point.
16. Go to a Buffalo bills game.
17. Go skiing.
18. Rent a house on the beach for a weekend.
19. Visit Toronto.
20. Go sky diving.
21. Go to Dinosaur BBQ with BF.
22. Visit Portland, Oregon.
23. Go to the New York State fair.
24. Go to Boston.
25. Go horseback riding.
26. Go to Walt Disney World.
27. Get married.
28. Buy a house.
29. Buy nothing but food for 30 days.
30. Get a mani/pedi.
31. See Ani Difranco live in concert.
32. Watch the sunset.
33. Volunteer a whole weekend to a charity.
34. Go an entire year without swearing (begins 7/14/09).
35. Attend a music festival.
36. Send at least one hand-written note/card each month.
37. Host a dinner party.
38. Host a board game night.
39. Donate to Locks For Love.
40. Paint a new piece of pottery.
41. Drop a dress size.
42. Go skinny dipping.
43. Waste less by using only canvas bags for shopping during this entire 1001 days.
44. Get at least 2 new tattoos.
45. Register a domain name.
46. Donate blood.
47. Buy (and drink) a $50 bottle of wine.
48. Purchase an apron.
49. Record a song.
50. Swim under a waterfall.
51. Join a sports league.
52. Become an official resident of NY state.
53. Meet a blog friend in real life.
54. Reorganize my photos (both digital and prints).
55. Reorganize my music.
56. Plant a tree.
57. Say ‘yes’ to every social event I’m asked to attend for 4 weeks.
58. Update emergency information (and emergency contacts) post-move.
59. Attend an art festival.
60. Attend an NHL game.
61. Try an exotic food.
62. Go on a picnic.
63. Join a book club.
64. Pay off half of my debts.
65. Buy a new car.
66. Pay off my credit cards.
67. Re-evaluate and re-do my current budget. Then, sixty days after, reevaluate to determine if it works for me.
68. Sell unused electronics on Craigslist or Ebay.
69. Increase my percentage contribution to my 401k.
70. Write a will.
71. Donate $150 to a non-profit.
72. Start an online Etsy business.
73. Find a new job.
74. Take a cooking class.
75. Take a foreign language class.
76. Begin grad school.
77. Get a promotion at work.
78. Take a dance class.
79. Become certified in CPR.
80. Read at least 25 new books.
81. Learn (um, re-learn) French.
82. Learn to sew.
83. Begin yoga teacher training.
84. Get a second job that I like (this is both work and financial).
85. Go on a 30 day detox.
86. Run a 10k.
87. Get a massage.
88. Go on a weekend yoga retreat.
89. Perfect my forearm stand (yoga pose).
90. Go on a 30-day caffeine detox.
91. Eat nothing but raw foods for 30 days.
92. Workout 5 times a week for 6 weeks straight.
93. Get my eyebrows waxed at least 3 times.
94. Drink nothing but water for 30 days.
95. Take vitamins every day for 30 days.
96. Visit the dentist two times a year.
97. Take a spinning class.
98. Go kayaking.
99. Learn to rock climb.
100. Go without alcohol for 30 days.
101. Run a 1/2 marathon – and finish!
I promise to update this and post everytime I finish one of these!