Tova’s Totally Awkward Tuesday – LOL

June 23, 2009 in totally awkward tuesday

In honor of today’s Totally Awkward Tuesday post, I give you… my humiliation!

I have a habit of sticking my rather tiny foot into my mouth (it fits perfectly). I’ve developed quite a habit of using text lingo in real life. As if this isn’t annoying on it’s own, what this text lingo signifies are things I don’t actually say. Like LOL. Who actually says “Laugh out loud?” No one. Right? Right.

Well I was in a meeting with my supervisor, another supervisor, and my manager and I was expressing my dissatisfaction with the way a particular situation was playing out. They were intrigued at my argument. I was really helping my cause.

Until… I let out a “WTF.” Yep. I said it. WTF. Very rarely would I ever actually say what WTF stands for, and definitely not in the presence of this particular company. So, naturally, I was mortified. Did I really just let out a WTF? Really… I couldn’t have, right? Wrong. Oh, sooo wrong.

Face = bright red. Me = stumbling to recover. They seemed to blow it off, but I’m pretty sure my argument was then thrown out the window.

Oh well. I still have a job and that’s enough to be thankful for!

headbitingprincess June 23, 2009 at 2:46 pm

Holy moses girl !!!!!! I am so glad job has been secured and WTF slip has been overlooked.. I am too guilty of writing in text lingo .. in email correspondence to our partners in Asia no less .. so it just creates mass confusion and if for nothing less I imagine that at the time they read the email.. they have a thought bubble above their head and it has a WTF !?!?! in there .. LOL – Rock on !!!

~M~ June 23, 2009 at 4:28 pm

I say LOL out loud too. People look at me like I have 3 heads!

FRANNIE June 23, 2009 at 6:22 pm

I'll admit it, I'm guilty of using WTF outloud.

Raine June 23, 2009 at 7:59 pm

I have definately thought WTF before, and I have been fearing the day that it escapes my mouth! I just hope its not at work! 😀

Andhari June 23, 2009 at 8:18 pm

LOL I seriously say wtf A LOT. It annoys people, but somehow very contagious!

Ebony Haywood June 24, 2009 at 3:20 am

That's so funny. The text lingo that I use casually in everday conversation is omg.

Tova Darling June 24, 2009 at 3:36 am

Hahaha! I think I've said that! But not in front of my boss…

Mr. Darling and I always (jokingly) say “OMG!” Hopefully I never say it in front of someone who thinks I'm serious.

Intelligence June 26, 2009 at 7:56 pm

hahaha that's just too funny! Glad to hear you have a job still. I have been pretty close to slipping out web lingo myself, but thankfully I've caught myself every time. And now that I've said that I'm sure I just jinxed myself, oh well.