This week I’ll be super busy but I’m absolutely OK with that! Not only do I have a busy work week coaching gymnastics, but Ari has THREE confirmed events this week: Lowes Build + Grow Workshop, Lego Mini Build Workshop, and a Home Depot workshop. And who knows what other fun we’ll happen to find ourselves in! In addition, I kinda volunteered to work Saturday night for an after prom event. YES, I get paid for it. Otherwise there’s no way I would lock myself in a building with a bunch of teenagers for 3.5 hours.
I’m so grateful to have been able to spend this past weekend with my mom and my sister in Columbus.
I’m content with snuggles from my babies. They may drive me absolutely bonkers (always, always, always, at the same time — it never fails) from time to time; but they also give the best smiles, hugs, and kisses. ♥
I wish for health for my teeny fam this week! We’re just getting into a groove and I don’t want it to be thrown off by a sickness or something. ‘Cause that would be my luck!
Last week I said happiness is hot coffee, but I kind of take that back. Happiness is FREE hot coffee. Thanks, Starbucks!
Mantra of the Week:
If you need me, I’ll just be over here pretending I know what I’m doing in life!! 😛
I’m quite possibly the worst mom ever. OK, OK. That’s quite dramatic. But I may be the worst bloggy mom ever. Because not only am I horrible at updating my blog, but I’m completely awful at taking pictures of Miss Remy Bea.
I swear I took a picture of Ari every single day as a baby. But this child? Ha! I was 5 days late with taking her 3 month photos. Oops!
Here’s how our 3rd month went
- Her teeth haven’t broken through quite yet — and her teething seems to have subsided in the meantime. Thank goodness! I can still seem them under her gums — and she’s still drooling nonstop and chewing on nearly everything — but the pain has subsided momentarily.
- She brings her own hands to her mouth… if only to chew on them! 😛
- Miss Bea started to coo and smile and it is everything that makes my heart happy! It’s so incredible. She’s like a real human baby! Ha!
- Speaking of human babies… She’s no longer a newborn. Sometime over the last month she turned from a newborn to a baby!
- She loves to lie on her back and watch her brother and her daddy play. I will set her in the middle of the floor and she will just follow them around the room with her eyes. I can already tell she is completely smitten with her brother! ♥ And I know she will adore him for all of her life!
- She’ll let me pull her to a sitting position — and she loves sitting in the Bumbo! To be honest, I wouldn’t have even attempted the Bumbo, but the sitters at the YMCA say she loves it! And it turns out, she does!
- Since we’ve attempted the Bumbo with success, you should know she has excellent head and neck control. She has pretty much from day 1. Weird little infant.
- As a surprise to me, this little baby can roll from her back to her side with no problem. Thank goodness I discovered this when she was on the floor! Oops! She can also kick her legs like crazy AND hold on to my fingers while she pulls herself up into a sitting position!
- Her hair is freaking beautiful. It’s dark (super dark!) and flowy and sometimes it sticks straight up. But I just love it.
- She sleeps for a few hours here and there throughout the night. Believe it or not, that’s amazing! Also, thanks in large part to the girls who watch her at the YMCA, she has learned to nap! She now naps for 2-3 hours in the afternoon! ♥
- She loves to be held. By me, by Chad, by pretty much everyone. Girlfriend loves loves loves to be held.
See these truly awful pictures!?!?
THESE are the result of: 1. Having a toddler in the room to also take care of; 2. A very mobile 3 month old who had absolutely zero interest in staying even remotely still for a single picture; and 3. Exhaustion. I just wanted to get the pictures over with. She wasn’t cooperating. And they are done.
So yeah. It’s been a fun month. OK, well not all of it has been fun. But the one thing that is HUGELY different between Remy and Ari is that I see a light at the end of each tunnel (aka – a light at the end of each ‘pbase’.). I can recognize that not everything is for always. However, this time around I will totally let housework go to the wayside so that I can nap instead. See? There’s something to be said about experience and second children!
To be updated soon, friends!
This week I’m grateful for having (and getting back into) a daily routine. I’ve found it’s incredibly helpful for me to have a schedule where I go into work but I’m still able to get the kids home and fed and down for naps in the afternoon. But more on that later this week!
I’m content with having had the most perfect little family weekend! It wasn’t anything special, but it was totally special to me!
I wish for continued peaceful rests for Miss Remy Bea. She seems to be getting into a bit of a groove, sleepwise. We’re getting regular naps during the day and solid sleeps at night. No, she’s not sleeping through the night. Don’t be crazy pants! Ha! But she is sleeping for stretches at a time. Thank goodness! ‘Bout time, girlfriend!
Happiness is hot coffee and two kids napping.
Mantra of the week:
Keepin’ it simple, y’all. Finding the balance in this day, in this moment, is the mantra for my week
What’s your goal/mantra for this week??